Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Open source support pays off!

I know JetBrains for a while now.
At Time To Know, it's the tool of choice for our leading development group. (The other one is using Flash Builder).
My team uses Eclipse and Aptana for web development, but it is far from being a good HTML/ JS/ CSS development tool - Even Developer Studio is much better than Eclipse.
Luckily, JetBrains has an open source program, that gives you a one year free license of their products for your project. I've tested PHPStorm, and it's a really, really cool tool for PHP and web development. Got my license, and liked it so much, that we're getting it for my whole team now.
Only problem - you need a strong PC to run it, but on the other hand, most IDEs these days are.
I'll be testing zend studio soon as well.

So thanks JetBrains. Open source support pays off.

Another small update about simple gallery management: A fifth site is in the works, plus we're over 100 downloads so far, which is relatively nice (I don't promote that project too much...).

No comments:

Post a Comment